Vee Finance exploited for over $35 million on Avalanche blockchain
Vee Finance, a decentralized finance service built on the Avalanche blockchain, recently disclosed a $35 million exploit on its platform, just days after debuting on the Avalanche blockchain’s mainnet.
Vee Finance is a DeFi lending platform that supports several mining strategies such as liquidity mining, transaction mining, and leveraged mining.
Only a week ago, the platform officially opened its mainnet on Avalanche, coupled with a liquidity mining debut. On Sunday, Vee Finance surpassed $300 million in total value locked on its platform.
Yesterday, the platform halted its services due to suspicious behaviour. Following this, the platform announced that it had been attacked, resulting in a loss of 8,804 Ether ($26.9 million) and around 214 BTC ($9.3 million). Using the current market prices of Bitcoin and Ether, the total amount comes to almost $36.2 million at the time of writing.
According to an official incident report issued by the site, the suspected attacker gathered stolen assets on one address after compromising the Vee Finance trade contract address. To avoid future losses, the Vee Finance team suspended the platform’s contracts, as well as the deposit and borrow functions, as predicted.
According to the notice, “the VEE team is actively trying to further clarify the situation and will continue to attempt to contact the attacker in order to recover the assets.” We are taking this situation seriously and will do all in our power to defend the interests of VEE Finance customers.”
At the time of publication, Vee Finance has not provided any additional information on the exploit’s characteristics or potential causes. This is just one of a slew of exploits disclosed on the Avalanche Blockchain, which has seen an increase in the amount of attacks.
Zabu Finance, an Avalanche-based DeFi program, was apparently abused for $3.2 million last week, forcing the value of Zabu tokens to collapse to nothing.
AVAX, Avalanche’s native token, is presently trading at $64.15 at the time of writing. It is 1% higher for the day. Two days ago, the token reached a new all-time high of $76.21.
- Buju – Never Stopped
- Adekunle Gold – High ft. Davido
- Mayorkun – Back In Office (Album)
- Kizz Daniel – Barnabas
- Adekunle Gold – Sinner Ft. Lucky Daye
- Joeboy – Sip (Alcohol)
- Dax – 40 Days 40 Nights ft. Nasty C
- Fireboy DML – Peru
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Ayra Starr – Bloody Samaritan
- Naira Marley – First Time In America
- Burna Boy – Question ft. Don Jazzy
- Reekado Banks – Ozumba Mbadiwe
- Omah Lay – Understand
- Simi – Woman
- Davido – Touch My Bear Bear
- Kizz Daniel – Lie
- Cheque – Bravo (Album)
- Zlatan – Ale Yi (Overthinking No Fit Solve Problem)
- Burna Boy – Want It All Ft Polo G
- Mayorkun – Let Me Know
- Timaya – Cold Outside ft. Buju
- Duncan Mighty – Nibolowa ft. Burna Boy
- Cheque – Call Me Baby
- Kizz Daniel – Ayee Lė
- Ada Ehi – Open Doors
- Ycee – Aunty Lovina Ft. Patoranking
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Ruger – Bounce
- Cheque ft. Fireboy DML – History
- Olamide – Rock
- Guchi – Jennifer
- Adekunle Gold – It Is What It Is (IIWII)
- Joeboy – Focus
- King OT – Shameful
- Guchi – Benzema
- Dremo Ft. Patoranking – Wonder
- Naira Marley – Drug Test
- Buju – Testimony
- Victor AD – Black Ft. Mr Eazi
- Kizz Daniel – Wedding Day
- 2Baba – Rise Up ft Falz
- Gyakie – Need Me
- Reekado Banks Ft. Teni & Pheelz – Raise Your Hand
- Bella Shmurda – Champion
- Patoranking – Celebrate Me
- Phyno – BIA
- Bella Shmurda – So Cold ft. Popcaan
- Teni – For You ft. Davido
- Korede Bello – Fine Fine
- Teni – Save The Day
- Teni – Injure Me
- Teni – Moslado
- Dax – Dear Mom
- LadiPoe Ft. Fireboy DML – Running
- Mayorkun – Holy Father ft. Victony
- “Angel Is The True Winner Of BBN Season 6, Not Whitemoney,” reveals Kemi Olunloyo.
- It’s so sad! Yousef of BBNaija Weeps Over the Death of His Elder Brother
Join the DiscussionNo one has commented yet. Be the first!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.