Buhari Congratulates Burna Boy And Wizkid On Grammy Award Wins
President Muhammadu Buhari has applauded Nigerian stars Damini Ogulu, also known as Burna Child, and Ayo Balogun, also known as Wizkid, on their Grammy wins in 2021.
Buhari, in a statement released on Monday by his spokesman, Garba Shehu, said he is proud of the two musicians for their contributions to the field of music, which the world has come to recognize.
“Congratulations to Burna Boy on being conferred the 2021 Grammy, the world’s most prestigious musical awards,” Buhari was quoted as saying.
“He has made notable contributions in the field of music which have brought glory to Nigerians at home and abroad. We are proud of his path-breaking achievements.”
President Buhari also acknowledged the efforts of forerunners like King Sunny Ade and Femi Kuti whose creative exertions earned them Grammy nominations, paving the way and brought Nigerian music to global reckoning.
According to Buhari, the record-breaking musical achievements are a recognition of the Nigerian creative talents, and the awards will open doors to other aspiring citizens.
Burna Boy on Sunday emerged as the winner of a Grammy Sunday for his Album ‘Twice As Tall’, and that win might be the stamp that affirms his authority as an African Giant of music.
The afrobeat singer who won his first-ever Grammy for the Best World Music Album, beat other strong contenders, Antibalas, Bebel Gilberto, Anoushka Shankar, and Tinariwen to secure the top spot.
Burnaboy’s fifth studio album which was released in August 2020, earned him the coveted Grammy Statuette and sent tongues on fire all over Nigeria, Africa, and the world at large.
Wizkid on his part won his first-ever Grammy Award for his collaboration with Beyoncé and Blue Ivy on the song “Brown Skin Girl”.
This was announced at the Premiere Ceremony of the 63rd GRAMMY Awards.
The song ‘Brown Skin Girl’ comes off the 2019 album, ‘The Lion King’.
- Mayorkun – Back In Office (Album)
- Kizz Daniel – Barnabas
- Adekunle Gold – Sinner Ft. Lucky Daye
- Joeboy – Sip (Alcohol)
- Dax – 40 Days 40 Nights ft. Nasty C
- Fireboy DML – Peru
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Ayra Starr – Bloody Samaritan
- Naira Marley – First Time In America
- Burna Boy – Question ft. Don Jazzy
- Reekado Banks – Ozumba Mbadiwe
- Omah Lay – Understand
- Simi – Woman
- Adekunle Gold – High ft. Davido
- Davido – Touch My Bear Bear
- Kizz Daniel – Lie
- Cheque – Bravo (Album)
- Zlatan – Ale Yi (Overthinking No Fit Solve Problem)
- Burna Boy – Want It All Ft Polo G
- Mayorkun – Let Me Know
- Timaya – Cold Outside ft. Buju
- Duncan Mighty – Nibolowa ft. Burna Boy
- Cheque – Call Me Baby
- Kizz Daniel – Ayee Lė
- Ada Ehi – Open Doors
- Ycee – Aunty Lovina Ft. Patoranking
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Ruger – Bounce
- Cheque ft. Fireboy DML – History
- Olamide – Rock
- Guchi – Jennifer
- Adekunle Gold – It Is What It Is (IIWII)
- Joeboy – Focus
- King OT – Shameful
- Guchi – Benzema
- Dremo Ft. Patoranking – Wonder
- Naira Marley – Drug Test
- Buju – Testimony
- Victor AD – Black Ft. Mr Eazi
- Kizz Daniel – Wedding Day
- 2Baba – Rise Up ft Falz
- Gyakie – Need Me
- Reekado Banks Ft. Teni & Pheelz – Raise Your Hand
- Bella Shmurda – Champion
- Patoranking – Celebrate Me
- Phyno – BIA
- Bella Shmurda – So Cold ft. Popcaan
- Teni – For You ft. Davido
- Korede Bello – Fine Fine
- Teni – Save The Day
- Teni – Injure Me
- Teni – Moslado
- Dax – Dear Mom
- “Angel Is The True Winner Of BBN Season 6, Not Whitemoney,” reveals Kemi Olunloyo.
- It’s so sad! Yousef of BBNaija Weeps Over the Death of His Elder Brother
- BBN Uriel Oputa, Shoots Her Shot at Pere, Reveals Plans for Him
- Toke Makinwa Reveals Her Deepest Fear
- DJ Donak – Glory To God In The Highest (Gospel Mix)
- DJ Big N – Fresh Out Mixtape Vol.1
You May Like
Join the DiscussionNo one has commented yet. Be the first!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.